March 28, 2011

Anusara Immersion

I attended an incredible Anusara Immersion Part One with Christina Sell @ Breath and Body yoga.  First may I say WOW!!!  Christina is an incredible teacher, yogi, and heart leader! She can read a body like no other.  I can not recommend this immersion enough!  When ever I embark on something new I get a little apprehensive about walking into the newness.  My excitement for learning far out weighs the apprehension but never the less I walk in the door and I instantly feel shy, withdrawn, my smile becomes inaccessible.  I notice amazing people around me who have contagious smiles yet I find myself running for the back of the room - out of sight.  I ask myself why?

My intention for this immersion was to soften, be open to the experience, lead with my heart, release rigidity and SMILE.  Another student so beautifully said "open myself up to vulnerability". I thought yes that is it.  Can I be vulnerable, soften, open, stay present and let go of the fear of what people think of me.  Can I relish in the room being mat to mat and let go of the confines of my mat and space. Can I dance with the amazing energy a full room creates?  Can I celebrate all of the beautiful yogi's and yogini's without comparing or feeling less than. There is just something about being in a room full of heart energy.  Something so nourishing.  When I woke up this morning after hours and hours and hours of yoga my body felt sore yet nourished, cared for.  All love and so MUCH gratitude...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave yet...please share your words.