May 24, 2011

Plant Good Seeds

What kind of...wife, mom, sister, friend, teacher, yogi, stranger, first acquaintance do I want to be? How do I want to authentically live my life?  Do I want to let all my baggage, negative self talk, and insecurities lead me on this journey?  Do I want to let my desire for control and formulaic equations of what I think happiness must encompass in order to actually BE happy? Do I want to wake up one morning and say "where did the time go..."?  

"It's never too late, its never too bad, your never too old, your never too sick, to start from scratch once again - to be born again" ~Mike Dooley

I choose to be the kind of wife, mom, sister, friend, teacher, yogi, stranger, first acquaintance who IS present more than not, who is authentic, exposed, loving, kind, generous, sad, happy, soft, human, introspective in a way that allows for growth not beating myself up but not attaching when I do enter the ring fists up, knowledge, light and truth seeker / speaker, dancer, snuggler, lingerer, awwwhhhh inspirer and finder, open, grass is already greener, grateful, honored, humbled, remind myself that busy is not an objective, calendering time for sanity and family care and present...did I mention presence. Now how do I get there?  As Judith Hanson Lasater says "all of the answers are within you." Drop by drop a lake is built" according to an old Chinese Proverb.  With the deepest most nourishing inhale (which I have access to anytime I want) and the fullest most complete exhale letting what no longer serves me dissipate into the expansive atmosphere...I begin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave yet...please share your words.