June 8, 2011

Intention Reverts

Do you ever find yourself in the midst of a comfortable situation with people whom you have long standing relationships (family) and then all of sudden in a blink of an eye you revert to an old behavior or role?  Maybe you were trying to cultivate living authentically and you are presented with the opportunity to fully embody said intention yet you take the familiar even comfortable path in one unconscious moment. Bam you revert just like that - no matter how hard you have been tending to the authenticity seed.  I am *sure* this is all part of the journey and if it were easy then it would most likely not be an intention.  Do we have to take these mis-steps in order to learn? Are there 2 intentions simultaneously teaching.  I guess what I am saying is, if you have the intention to live authentically and the intention to not beat yourself up when you stumble off the path of living authentically is the second intention's work at play?

I'm not willing to let myself off the hook completely.  Yet I am finding not throwing punches or wallowing in it comforting.  I have made the choice to use my energy to guide myself back on the path and onto the mat. Utilizing this stumble to learn all the while feeling the cuts and bruises (empowering wounds) that came with the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave yet...please share your words.